Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My Parents Visit!

I have decided it is a perfect time of year for visitors.  I am so glad my parents were able to come out for their first time and experience some of Omaha.  We stayed pretty busy and did some fun things.  My kids were in Grandma and Grandpa heaven and enjoyed every second being with them.  Kinnie was so excited when the day finally arrived for their visit.  It was a long day for her due to a flight cancellation (and a long day at the airport for my parents).  But they finally lucked out and got a flight in only arriving a few hours later then planned.

Some of the things we did:

The Zoo




Vala's Pumpkin Patch
Landon and I had heard how awesome Vala's was but had never been.  It was such a cool place.  I can't even describe how big this place was and how many different things there were to do.  We didn't even get to do everything because there is so much going on.





Waiting for the pig races to start



Andrew could have spent a couple of hours on the tractors



And Kinnie could have gone on a few more pony rides


The train ride


Kinnie probably could have jumped all day on these things.  I should have gotten a picture of the whole bubble because they were huge.




Andrew sat down on the sand gaining up the courage to go and jump with Kinnie




The Missouri Riverfront



We had a lot of fun being with my parents.  I think we wore them out but I know they had a lot of fun.  We also visited the Mormon Trail Center and showed them the Winter Quarters Temple.  We made a visit to Landon's school and showed them around and went down to the Botanical Gardens.   It is nice to know that they can picture where we live now and were able to see the things that we see.  Andrew cried when we dropped them off at the airport and I told him to say goodbye.  He cried and kept saying "Wanna get out Mommy!"  I think he thought we were getting on the airplane with them.  Thanks Mom and Dad for visiting and for such a great time!

1 comment:

Ute Family said...

So much fun!! It looks like you're enjoying the midwest! Love all the fun things you've been doing. And so much fun that your parents could go out for a visit! I just love your mom! She is the best!!

P.S. Lydia has that same shirt (the multi colored flower one)!!! Gotta love Target!!!