1. One Month Old
It is crazy to think that one month has passed by since Andrew was born! It is so weird to think back to that day he was born, it seems like just the other day, and yet it feels like he has been in our family for a lot longer then just one month. He smiled at me for the first time a couple of days ago. I first thought he was reacting to me tickling his cheek but he has since smiled at me while talking to him. He has his sleepy days and his awake/fussy days where he just wants to be held, he is definitely a cuddler.
2. Kinnie is Growing Up
Kinnie has really grown up since she has become a big sister.
- She now falls asleep all by herself. It used to be that I would have to lay by her until she fell asleep. Now we read a couple of stories and sing a couple of songs and she goes to sleep all by herself.
- She has a lot of new words. She has gone from signing "more" to saying "I want more." She loves to say "Hi baby" and "Oh baby."
- She can wash her hands and brush her teeth at the sink now (thanks to a stool we are borrowing from Grandma and Grandpa Bell).
- We bought her some big girl underwear at the store and I think we will be venturing to the potty training world soon. I am not going to push it but I think she will be ready pretty soon.
She makes me smile all of the time and I love her soooo much!
3. When will I feel "normal" again?
After one month of getting used to having two kids I thought I would kind of have the hang of things. But I find myself thinking about when I will have time to "do this" or "do that" ever again. I am having a hard time keeping up with Andrew's baby book let alone Kinnie's scrapbooks. It takes such an effort now to just keep the house somewhat clean and put dinner on the table. Hopefully we can get into some sort of routine soon but for now each day I at least just try my hardest. And if that means sending Landon to the grocery store on his one morning off this week, so be it...thanks sweety!