Monday, June 13, 2011

Update

If you haven't heard, the Missouri river is flooding.  We live really close to it and you can see it from our front yard.  Actually, usually you can't but since it has flooded you can.  Luckily we are on higher ground and won't be affected by it but we go to church in Council Bluffs which is just east of the river.  If the levees don't hold our church building could be in anywhere from 0-8 ft of water.  Most of our ward family live in the same area surrounding the church.  The water is supposed to peak soon so it is kind of a waiting game right now but I know all of the families that live over there have been busy packing up their things to get ready for it.  I feel so bad for all of these people and families along the river that have had or maybe will have flooding.  Their attitudes seem so amazing.  Keep them in your prayers! 

I am so grateful I was able to make it to my Grandma Betty's funeral.  I didn't realize how much I would miss her until I saw her for the last time.  I am also grateful that my dad and uncle went against my Grandma's request for just a graveside funeral and actually held a service.  It was really neat.  I am so excited for when we get to go and do her temple work, I am sure she will be anxiously awaiting. 


Petting my mom and dad's cat Sophie

Monkey Bars


This was pretty much the coolest playground I have been too.  We went with my sister and nephew Brock.  My sister knows all of the cool places around.  It had a huge castle with stairs inside and all sorts of things to climb on.


Having fun on the Nemo slide at a swimming pool by my sister's house


Andrew didn't really feel like getting wet

We went to Landon's little sister's school play.  It was really really cute and Aunt Lindie did an awesome job!

The reunion with Landon was so fun!  We spotted him down the hall at the airport and the kids ran to him so fast!  10 days is a long time!  Andrew kept patting Landon's cheeks saying "daddy, daddy, daddy!"  It was so cute.

Andrew's golden hair that I cut off

Not quite a buzz but it's pretty short

Enjoying the pleasant weather.  It got really hot but cooled down this past weekend

Landon introduced games on the i touch to Kinnie and she is a little obsessed.  She is getting pretty good at some of the games. 

2 comments:

Lisa Chin said...

Thank you for turning the comments back on here! It was great to see you and the kids. They are growing so fast. Best wishes to you and your ward in keeping very very dry during this flood season!

sara said...

Yay!!!!!
I can comment!
I love that picture of Andrew and Landon. So cute how happy he was to see his Daddy.
It was so fun to see you guys...counting down to July.