Friday, June 17, 2011

Happy Girl

When Kinnie, Andrew and I returned from running some errands yesterday morning I was cleaning some things off the front patio area and our dear neighbor Lucy was out watering her flowers.  She said hello through the fence and was wondering if she could ask a favor of me.  So we went over to see what she needed.  She never asks for anything so I was surprised but happy to help her and happy that she felt comfortable enough to ask me.  We followed her inside and she reached down on the steps and held up a little doll outfit; a dress, a diaper, and a sun hat.  She said "Kinnie, could you try this outfit on your doll and let me know if it fits, if it does you can keep it, if not let me know and I will fix it so it does."  Some favor Lucy....for us!  Kinnie was a little shocked and got a kind of quiet.  She had a huge grin on her face and at least said thank you.  We went home and got the doll and it fit perfectly.  We hurried back over to Lucy's and showed her how perfect it was.  She is a very talented lady.  I know she has made a whole wardrobe of doll clothes for her granddaughter and I felt so lucky that she shared her talent with us.  Kinnie had a lot more fun with her baby doll yesterday then she usually does and was one happy girl!

 

3 comments:

Misty Call said...

That is so sweet that she made them just for Kinnie! How wonderful to have such a nice neighbor!

Missy said...

What a sweet neighbor! I really miss VG so much! I was just thinking about volleyball, too. That was a lot of fun.

That's cool you were just in West Jordan! Does your family live around there?

Sara said...

Cute story!
She chose the perfect girl to give it to.
Kinnie looks beautiful!