Saturday, June 12, 2010

A lot of firsts

Kinnie is sporting underwear for the first time. She went potty for me Monday morning, I told her she could start wearing underwear. She has been in underwear all week and is doing great! I knew she had it in her, she was probably ready a long time ago but I guess I wasn't.




Andrew cried himself to sleep for the first time last night. He slept a whole 8 hours, woke up, came into our bed...baby steps right!?...and went back to sleep for a couple of hours. Yes, he is 11 months old, and yes it worked wonderfully (I think I will knock on wood right now). I did the whole "Ferber" method...let him cry for 5 min, and went in to reassure him, then 10 min. and then another 10 min and he was good. This is a huge first for him and me. I was not able to do it with Kinnie and obviously I had to really gear up for it with him almost being one. I just knew it was time when I was spending sooooo much time trying to get him to sleep and getting so frustrated.

Andrew has his first top teeth. Notice I said teeth. He has three new top teeth within this last week and I am sure a fourth will probably be coming in anytime. He has been one fussy boy but I think we are through the hard part.


6 comments:

Mallory Bell said...

Oh how cute! I love these updates so much and i got a gmail account just so I could comment. Those are such big mile stones for each of them. Such sweet pictures, they make my heart melt! love you guys!

Lisa Chin said...

WOW Andrew has grown since you left! He looks like a little boy instead of a baby in that photo. :(

Congratulations to all on the great achievements!

♥ kimberly said...

Hooray all around! Aren't undies on little kids so cute?! And way to go with Andrew. It's hard to let them cry it out!

Sara said...

Yay!!!
congratulations to the whole family:)
I can't believe how easy it was for Kinnie...well I guess i can. She really just does whatever she sets her mind to.

Unknown said...

Hey, don't worry Nicole, I couldn't make Maxx cry through the night until I was done nursing at 15 months! Even now, every time we go out of town (which is often), he sleeps with me, and when we come home we have to CIO (cry it out) all over again! AND, he always winds up in our bed at 7am. So, I'd say your doing pretty good!

Lani said...

Good for you and Kinnie what a relief I'm sure. And good for you making Andrew go to sleep, I did that several times with Connor and I am a weekling and kept ruining it so stay strong it will be worth it because Connor doesn't even sleep through the night and he is 15 months so yeah stick with it!