Friday, March 12, 2010

Some Tricks

If you dump your stash of nail polish bottles out onto the floor to see what color you want to choose and the dark blue nail polish bottle breaks and the dark blue nail polish forms a saturated 3 inch diameter spot of dark blue nail polish onto your light tan carpet...you get the idea...DO NOT WORRY! I am sure some of you may already know the magic trick to getting it out, but for those of you that don't, I will tell you. And no, it is not impossible, you do not have to re-carpet or rearrange your furniture to cover it up. All you need is this:



And this:It truly was magic! We worked on it for about an hour switching off between the Windex and the shaving cream. I wish we would have gotten a picture of it but we weren't quite in documenting mode.

If you happen to go to a restaurant and when you get up to leave feel a little bit stuck to the chair and realize you were sitting on a large wad of gum...DO NOT WORRY! Again, maybe you have your own tricks to getting that disgusting, sticky mess off your clothing but I was so amazed at how easily it came off of my pants! All you need is this...And some warmed up vinegar. I scrubbed it for about 15 seconds and it was gone. It really was so amazing.

Perhaps you know these tricks and more, but I am grateful for these tricks I learned to help make my life a little easier. Which reminds me that I need to tell you sometime how Kinnie thinks anything spectacular she does like standing on her head is a trick...

3 comments:

Ute Family said...

That's hilarious...you sounded like an infomercial. Haha!
Good to know though. Hopefully I never have to try it, but in case I do, now I know! :)

Melissa Morgan said...

Oh man!!! That would have been nice to know 3 years ago when Brock broke the bottle of red nail polish all over our carpet. Bummer!! Glad you got it out though!!!

Hannah Jones said...

The vinegar and toothbrush totally worked! I haven't worn a shirt in over a year because one of the kids got Laffy Taffy stuck on it- I was too afraid to wash it (it's a delicate shirt). I just tried this and like you said, it was off in 15 seconds!! Thanks for the tip!!