Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Now She Knows


We finally told Kinnie about the big move. Every time I thought about telling her I would get sick to my stomach. It breaks my heart because she loves her grandparents soooooo much and literally everyday asks if she can go to magga Bo's or magga Brushy's house. We didn't want to make a huge deal about it since it is so early for her little mind to comprehend completely but we at least wanted to let her know about it. I broke the news to her last week while Andrew was asleep. I explained it simply and held back the tears. She listened really intently while I talked about it. If you ask her about it she talks about how we will put all of our things, TV, couch, bed, etc., into a big truck and how we will drive really fast and really far to Omaha. She came up with the fast part...and of course she remembers me telling her how there is a really cool zoo there. Who knows what she understands but I am glad she is focusing on the truck part and the zoo part.


Andrew is desperately wanting to be mobile. He is constantly lunging forward for things and reaching and grabbing and getting really frustrated! He is starting to pull up on things a little but for the most part he is just sitting. I have a feeling he is going to be into everything though when he starts to move and Landon and I will be shocked. We never had to baby proof with Kinnie, we didn't need a gate for the stairs, or cupboard locks, we never had to move fragile objects out of her reach. Even though she crawled early on she just wasn't super curious. But Andrew seems like a curious little monkey who might be really good at finding things and moving things and getting into things. He continues to love his sister so much. He laughs if he hears her coming into the room and laughs so hard when she is silly for him. I am completely in love with him more and more everyday!

7 comments:

Lisa Chin said...

I believe that as long as you focus on the fun and happy things in the move Kinnie and Andrew will find it fun and happy too. And you might even find yourself being a bit excited as well!

Andrew has really grown long and thinned out a lot. He is going to have a fun spring and summer I can just see it!

Andrea W. said...

Oh I don't like this at all, the fact you guys are going away even though I know I'm just being selfish because it will be a great adventure for you guys. Kinnie is wise and a good lesson for us all, just focus on the good, right?

They are both so cute! Andrew looks so svelt in his little track suit, so cute to see the beginning of a life long close sister/brother relationship.

Jeff&Rachel said...

yes kinnie, it is an amazing zoo. check and see if you they reciprocate with a hogle zoo pass and then buy whichever is cheaper-we would go to omaha for the temple and the zoo. my girls miss their grandparents but love getting packages in the mail from them. you will all love it! good luck!

Sara said...

How are we going to live without those cute little faces for THREE years?!?!?!
It's killing me!

So cute that she's excited and can say Omaha perfectly. I'm sure all of you will love it!

Brynn said...

Moving away from family can be so hard and scary. I remember the same feelings when we moved across the country when Dane was a newborn.
Although I miss family terribly, I am SO thankful at how close Ben and I have become in our marriage and with our little family. I don't think we would rely on each other as much or be as close if we would have family to share everything with.
I am glad that you are able to go with some familiar faces. You will be amazed how fast they become your 'family.'
We love you and hope the move and settling in goes smoothly!

Lani said...

What an exciting time of life for you guys! What a fun adventure and don't worry everything will work out for the best.

Jessie said...

I'm glad that she took the news so well...good luck with the move. You're kids are super cute!