Friday, April 3, 2009

Laughs for Dad

Kinnie thinks her dad is so incredibly funny! There is nothing better then to hear her laughing at something funny Landon is doing. Last night at the dinner table Landon had wadded up the tin foil from the baked potatoes and was juggling them and tossing them and making them bounce off the walls...and Kinnie was cracking up. I love to be able to watch that special interaction between her and Landon, to just sit and watch her as she intently waits for the next funny thing he is going to do. For some reason I can't tickle her the way her dad does or do funny things the way her dad does, no matter how funny I try to be. I love her laughs for her dad and I know that she loves him. She gets so excited when he gets home and she has time to play with him and show him her toys and read books with him. Sometimes she doesn't even see him in a day because she wakes up after he leaves for work and is in bed by the time he gets home, I can tell she loves the time she has with him. I am looking forward to this weekend because Landon took Saturday off work and will be able to be home with us...all day!

7 comments:

Sara said...

Yay for the day off on Saturday!!!! You guys deserve it. That is so cute about the tin foil. She does have a pretty funny Dad. I already feel the same way about Owen, Treavor's always able to get a bigger laugh.
Kinnie's Picture looks so pretty on the side bar.

Ken and Andrea. said...

That is seriously the cutest blog post I have ever read. What an example of a happy family moment. If ever I am privileged to be a mom, I need to take a page out of your book and savor every sweet moment! Thanks for sharing this with me!

Melissa Morgan said...

Sweet....a Saturday with your hubby! Hope you guys can do something fun! Cute post! See you Sunday.

Andrea W. said...

I agree, this is a great post. I love that special relationship a good Dad has with his kids. I can totally see Landon cracking Kinnie up. So cute. I'm so glad he gets the day off to be with you two! Enjoy your weekend.

Jessie said...

Dads have that bit of magic with their kids that we moms just don't have...luckily we moms have a lot of other tricks up our sleeves.

Eliza said...

that is so sweet. I love daddy/daughter relationships, it just doesn't get any better.

Julie said...

cute! I know what you mean...Tucker LOVES Sam and I love it! He gets to excited when Sam gets home from work and he just loves the sound of his voice. I love seeing Sam with Tucker, it's so special to see their relationship grow...I love it. I cant wait for your next one to get here!! It's coming up soon!!