Friday, April 17, 2009

Kinnie Meets Uncle Layton!

On Wednesday we went to the airport to pick up Landon's brother who has been serving a mission in the Texas Houston East mission. When he left on his mission I was about 4 months pregnant with Kinnie, we were so excited for them to finally meet! The past few weeks we really tried to talk about Uncle Layton with Kinnie. We would ask her what she was going to do to Uncle Layton when he got home and she would put her head on her shoulder (as if she was giving him a hug).
This was Kinnie's expression the whole time at the airport, really, I don't think it ever changed. She was a little dazed and confused. It probably didn't help that she woke up to me at 8:05 am changing her diaper (because she wouldn't wake up to my voice or touch) and getting her dressed and saying we were going to see Uncle Layton and then rushing out the door 5 minutes later.

Kinnie and Owen had these cute signs made by their aunties...


Here is the hug that Kinnie said she was going to give Uncle Layton. It was short and sweet, but she did it! Notice her expression.


It is GREAT to have him back! We love you Layton!

4 comments:

Andrea W. said...

Yay that Layton is home! He looks so good. I loved all the pictures, Kinnie looks so cute. How fun for Layton to fall in love with Kinnie and Owen and vice versa. He'll be such a cute uncle.

Suzanne said...

Yay Layton's home! He looks so much more grown up!

Jessie said...

Hooray that Layton is home! I wish I looked as cute as Kinnie does in these pictures 5 minutes after I wake up...

sara said...

You got some good shots! I love that she gave him a hug, after all that practice.