Friday, March 2, 2012

Finished!

I completed my first, real sewing project yesterday.  I can see how sewing can be addictive and honestly, it is probably a good thing that I don't have a sewing machine.  It isn't that I don't want one, but I think if I had one then I would be spending money on fabric, materials, and supplies and trying all sorts of new things!  I WANT one...

I asked my friend who is having a baby in about a month if she wanted to make a car seat canopy with me.  So we teamed up and got to work.  It took a little longer then expected with the kids around, our pregnancy brains, and other things going on, but we finished!

Here is my first, real, grown-up sewing success.  I think my sewing class I took in 6th grade and sewing a pillow case in junior high really paid off, and I don't say that sarcastically, I really did remember quite a bit.  Two more months (and 7 days) a baby will be included in this picture.  I am so happy that February is over!



5 comments:

Lisa Chin said...

Congratulations! Great job! It really does look beautiful. Glad you've caught the sewing bug and someday you will have a machine and time to do projects. Most of my early projects were designed by my children "Mommy I want to be (fill in the blank)" and off we'd go to my tiny fabric stash and figure something out together. Fun stuff.

Eliza said...

I made one for our carseat and its my prized possession, you will LOVE it.

Sara said...

Good job Nicole! It's perfect.
Can't wait for that sweet little girl!!!!!

Melissa Morgan said...

Wow sister!!! I wish I was half as talented as you!! Really cute!! So excited for my new niece!

Hannah Jones said...

That looks great!! I love the fabric! Can't wait to see the baby in the picture! :)