Monday, January 9, 2012

Ironing

Ironing is probably one of my least favorite things on the "to do" list.  It is right up there with grocery shopping.  Saturday is the only day that Landon doesn't need an ironed shirt (woe is me...).  Sometimes I can get all of his shirts done in a day so that I don't have to do it during the week but usually I just do one or two at a time.  Now you know that I dislike it, so now I need to tell you how excited I am because Landon just did the biggest favor for me and ironed 6 shirts!  That means that I don't have to iron a shirt for a whole week!  And I guess I shouldn't really call it a favor since I didn't ask him to do it.  It is going to be a great week! 

3 comments:

Ute Family said...

It's the little things right?!!! You're a great wife! I think I've ironed maybe 5 shirts my whole 10 years of marriage. I make Jake iron his own shirts!!! Haha! It's good for him though!

Lisa Chin said...

Yay! I've also rarely ironed my husband's shirts and I know it delights him to no end when I have done it for him. My friend, now in her 70's, hated ironing so much that she started teaching art just so she could pay someone else to do all her ironing (she had 4 boys in addition to the hubby's shirts, not to mention all those things we used to iron but no longer iron.) Perhaps there is someone who would like to iron for you in exchange for babysitting or piano lessons??? Imagine the joy you would have!

Misty Call said...

How funny to read this post because just today as I was ironing a shirt for Nate, I thought of how you always iron Landon's shirts for him. And thought to myself how you're such a good wife to do that for him. Nate's shirts don't get ironed unless they're a serious case of wrinkles:)