Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving

I made my first Thanksgiving feast and didn't even take pictures to prove it!  I had nightmares the night before of how awful it was going to be.  I think I called my dad a handful of times to ask him questions  I really was a bit terrified.  I had never done a turkey before and what about the timing of everything!?  When do I start boiling the potatoes...when do I start the rolls so they can rise...how do I cook a turkey??  I really kind of had to get my game face on and just focus on the next task.  I made sure I made the pies the day before and baked the sweet potatoes so they would be ready to mash.  It was scary but guess what, it turned out great (the turkey was a little dry but it was fine).  It was a lot of work but I knew it would be and I am so glad I did it.  It was fun to share it with some of our friends out here.  And I can't really claim that I made everything.  I was happy for their help in bringing some of the dishes.  Kinnie had a ton of fun with her friends and I got to stare at a week and a half old baby all afternoon!  I was dying to hold him but I was just getting over being sick.  We missed our families like crazy!  We thought a teeny tiny, little bit about driving home but we will be doing that in a few weeks for Christmas!   

2 comments:

Julie said...

Yay! I'm impressed Nicole!! That's a big job!

Sara said...

Good job!! I thought about you guys all day. I'm sure your meal was so great! You are full everything a good thanksgiving meal needs...patience, willingness to try new things, hard work, and sacrifice for others.
I'm glad you had a great day.