Thursday, September 8, 2011

FOUR!

Turning 4 was a pretty big deal around here.  Kinnie woke up that day feeling like a 4 year old and thought that her hair seemed longer and that she could do so much more as a 4 year old.  For me, it was a huge reflection of her arrival on this earth and the sweet, fun, happy, silly, determined little girl she is.  I told her about how peaceful the hospital room was when she was born and all of the people that came in the middle of the night to meet her.  I will never forget how calm the room was and the mellow atmosphere that surrounded us.  And now she is 4, and it has all happened in the blink of an eye.  I think she is going to enjoy being 4 and I am excited for this next year!



We invited her friends over for a last minute cupcake and ice cream get together.  Kinnie loves her friends SO MUCH!



Hide-n-seek



Duck Duck Goose.  Or "Good Pirate, Bad Pirate" or "Good Barbie, Bad Barbie."  These kids make me laugh.



Opening some of her presents.  I was not very good at taking pictures for some reason...I didn't even get a picture of her blowing out her candles!  Just video camera, good enough right?






Now that is the look of a proud and happy 4 year old!


7 comments:

Jordan and Crystal said...

so fun! she is adorble

Melissa Morgan said...

Looks like she had a great day!!!! I love the picture of her with the black shoes right next to her. Too cute!!

Lisa Chin said...

She's a big girl now! I love the way you braided her hair. So adorable. And let me tell you just how fast those years go! The twins were Kinnie's age when 9/11 happened. Don't tell me those 10 years haven't flown by! Watch out!

Sara said...

Man I just LOVE her so much!!
And I loved that calm night in the hospital waiting for our sweet niece.

Her cute round (polka dot)face is the definition of cute.
I love that she thought her hairs seemed longer.

Mallory Bell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mallory Bell said...

Oh my goodness! she is so big I cant even believe it! I remember that night perfectly. What a sweetheart, sounds like so much fun, miss you guys so much!

Andrea W. said...

Happy birthday, Kinnie!!