Sunday, August 28, 2011

This Past Week

  • I started running with a friend every morning at 6:30.  It has actually felt really good even though I am not a huge runner.  It feels good to get up and get going and exercise.  We don't run far yet but we are working our way up slowly, and it just feels good.
  • I left Landon and the kids 3 nights this week!  That is very rare.  I went to a baby shower one night, played volleyball the next, and went to see a movie the next night after that.  I think it was good for all of us even though I felt a little guilty about it all.

  • The movie I saw was "The Help." It was really good and covered all of the important parts of the book.  I was only about 75 pages from finishing the book so at first I was a little disappointed with how the characters looked or certain things that were left out.  But 10 minutes into the movie I got over it and really enjoyed it.  My opinion, the book is ALWAYS better!

  • Landon taught Kinnie how to tie shoes.  I told Landon that if I were the one doing the teaching it would have never happened.  Kinnie just seems to understand how he explains things.  

  • We are on day 3 of keeping Andrew's binkies just for nap and bedtime.  A big part of me (and all of Landon) wants to just go cold turkey but I can't do it.  So we are working towards this goal of having it just for sleeping and hopefully soon it will just be gone!  

I haven't taken any recent pictures so I wanted to include this one.  This little squirt is going to be 4 years old on the 7th!  I can't believe our baby girl is growing up so fast...
 

2 comments:

Lisa Chin said...

She is still so adorable. I've found it interesting how we all think differently and having someone who thinks like you can make a big impact on learning a new skill. Good job Kinnie! (and Landon too)

Sara said...

So fun that you get to go running every morning. I wish I lived by you!
Kinnie was and is such a beautiful girl!