Wednesday, May 18, 2011

One Whole Year!

Some things about this past year:
  • I have become really good at ironing. Saturday is the only day Landon doesn't need a shirt ironed, so you can see why I have improved greatly in this area.
  • I thought the more we saw family the easier it would get to be away from them.  It makes it harder.
  • I have really tried hard to come out of my comfort zone.  And for one as shy as me, it hasn't been easy.  I am still working on this one...I think I will always be working on this one.
  • The gospel is true wherever you go.  Some things are different out here but the important part of the church, what we believe, is all the same.
  • We go to church in Council Bluffs, Iowa and go to the Winter Quarters temple.  There is a lot of church history out here!
  • I am constantly getting used to the wildlife out here.  Turkeys, snakes, skunks, raccoons, deer, beautifully colored birds, squirrels everywhere, fireflies, rabbits.  I know that is kind of weird, but I really didn't think Omaha would have wildlife.  I grew up next to the mountains so I expected it there but I have seen way more out here and just roaming around the neighborhood.
  • I wouldn't trade where we live in Omaha for anything.  We feel so blessed to be where we are.  It has made living away from family and friends a little easier and we are getting to know a lot of people.  I am grateful for the friends we have made out here!
  • I can't believe that we have another year to go by and then Landon will be a senior and we will be looking for a job and place to live while he finishes up that last year.  This past year seemed to go slowly but now that it has passed it was rather quick (if that makes sense).  
  • Kinnie and Andrew have both grown up so much.  When we moved out here Andrew was only 10 months old and still in a rear facing car seat!  Kinnie has made friends, and done preschool, a dance recital and even given her first talk in Primary.  Andrew runs everywhere, keeps up with Kinnie, and has discovered the wonderful world of trucks, planes, buses, cars, motorcylces, cranes, and tractors.
  • I no longer have to Map quest everything.
  • Have I mentioned we love the zoo?  We do.
  • I always look forward to the next time we get to see family!  I can't wait until mid-July!


 Kinnie and her friend Jack

No comments: