Sunday, May 23, 2010

Some Things I Have Learned

Nebraska is a beautiful state. I am pretty sure that right as we drove through the Wyoming/Nebraska border the scenery changed from dull to amazing. When we arrived in Nebraska it was green and sunny and cloudy and rainy all at the same time. Even though it was a straight, boring road, I loved the scenery of the farms, fields, rivers, trees and ponds.

Andrew hates his car seat now. He arches his back and cries when we get in the car. Poor guy. He did so amazing the first day, not so much the second day.

Kinnie did great other then being a little more grumpy. Her world has been turned around so I can't blame her. I am more grumpy then usual too. She watched a few movies in the car and enjoyed having "Magga Bell" in the car to keep her company. Andrew enjoyed having Grandma Bell with us too.

I hate saying goodbyes and I don't like change.

We love our new home. It is slowly coming together and boxes are slowly being unpacked. It has its quirks but there isn't anything that can't be fixed. Leaky washer, leaky ceiling, just little things that need to be taken care of.

There is no point in straightening my hair. It is so humid here and it would be completely pointless to try and make it straight, maybe in the winter I can give it a try.

Squirrels are everywhere here. Supposedly skunks and turkeys roam about freely as well. I have yet to see any of those but some of our friends see them and they live in the same place so I am sure we will encounter them at some point.

I will get some pictures up soon. As soon as I find the cord to download pictures.

6 comments:

Lisa Chin said...

Glad to know you have made it there safely and are getting unpacked! You are so lucky to be able to stay connected via so many avenues - between the internet, telephone and people you already know, your transition will be great! Best wishes!

Julie said...

Nicole,
That's crazy you guys are gone! I'm glad you made it!! Sorry that Andrew doesn't like his carseat. I used to get so sad when Tucker would hate his carseat, because there's nothing you can do to make them feel better, especially if you're driving! So sad.
I bet you guys will meet some good friends really quick and love it there. Can't wait to see pictures and hear updates.
Hang in there :) xo

Andrea W. said...

Wow, what an adventure, huh? I just talked to some people who moved into our ward who went to Creighton Law School and they loved it there. Is that where you are? I couldn't remember for sure. Anyway, we miss you already but are so grateful we'll get to see you all through your blog. Good luck settling in.

♥ kimberly said...

I'm glad to know you made it okay and are getting all settled in. I thought Nebraska was pretty cool too. We saw some turkeys by the side of the freeway when we were driving through and thought that was crazy! Good luck with everything!

Sara said...

Oh man! I'm still in denial.
You guys had a HUGE weekend.
It sounds beautiful. Good luck getting settled.

We love you!!!!

KRISTIN BELL said...

I'm bummed we didn't get to see you guys again before you left! Memorial Day won't be the same! I am so excited for you though...Change is hard but it will be amazing for your little family!