Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Just thinking...


Tonight as I was putting the kids to bed I started thinking about some things I am grateful for. I have noticed on some people's blogs and facebook updates that they are listing things that they are grateful for and maybe that is kind of what got me thinking. It was Andrew's slobber on my arm that was glistening in the night light that got me thinking about the things I love.

I love how Andrew tries to suck on anything and everything, hence the slobber. He is a little slobbery goober, chunky, happy and smiley baby. I love his hands and toes and cheeks and soft skin, and everything about him. I love how he watches his big sister and smiles at her.

I love how Kinnie says "Hi baby Andrew" in the mornings, so excited to see him and talks to him like he is already old. Saying "Watch baby Andrew" and "Go out(outside) baby Andrew? Coat on?" I love that she loves her little brother. I love all of the new things she is learning and saying and playing.

I love that Landon makes me laugh. I have had a "woe is me" attitude lately. It has definitely been harder having two kids and I feel like I am just barely getting used to it. It is harder to get out of the house and it has been a long four months of not doing a whole bunch. There have been days when we don't even go outside, yuck! But I am just so grateful that I have an amazing husband and these things that I love, so that when there are a million dishes to do, the house is a mess, Andrew has been through four shirts in two hours, I don't have dinner planned, or my clothes aren't fitting right, all I have to do is remember Andrew's slobber on my arm to help keep everything in perspective.

5 comments:

Eliza said...

so sweet, nicole. what a good reminder of a some perspective. but for the record, two kids IS hard and especially having a baby. Anyway, that picture of them is ADORABLE, what cute cute kids.

Lisa Chin said...

:) Now that these gratitudes are written down you can turn to them if you ever get into the "woe is me" attitude again. Kinnie and Andrew are so sweet (a lot of work I am sure) but so sweet and worth every bit of work.

Treavor said...

Cute picture!!

You are such a good mom! Just the thought of two children scares me.
I have been so impressed at the way you've adjusted. You always keep such a good perspective.
I love all those things about your kids too:)

Andrea W. said...

I so relate to this, Nicole. With a baby it's just kind of an intense time, there's intense joy and intense hard times too and mostly just not enough sleep :) Kinnie and Andrew are just darling. What a sweet family you and Landon have. I just love you guys.

Brynn said...

So true and the good news is it gets better, I promise!