Friday, August 7, 2009

One month old!!

1. One Month Old

It is crazy to think that one month has passed by since Andrew was born! It is so weird to think back to that day he was born, it seems like just the other day, and yet it feels like he has been in our family for a lot longer then just one month. He smiled at me for the first time a couple of days ago. I first thought he was reacting to me tickling his cheek but he has since smiled at me while talking to him. He has his sleepy days and his awake/fussy days where he just wants to be held, he is definitely a cuddler.




2. Kinnie is Growing Up

Kinnie has really grown up since she has become a big sister.
  • She now falls asleep all by herself. It used to be that I would have to lay by her until she fell asleep. Now we read a couple of stories and sing a couple of songs and she goes to sleep all by herself.
  • She has a lot of new words. She has gone from signing "more" to saying "I want more." She loves to say "Hi baby" and "Oh baby."
  • She can wash her hands and brush her teeth at the sink now (thanks to a stool we are borrowing from Grandma and Grandpa Bell).
  • We bought her some big girl underwear at the store and I think we will be venturing to the potty training world soon. I am not going to push it but I think she will be ready pretty soon.
She makes me smile all of the time and I love her soooo much!




3. When will I feel "normal" again?

After one month of getting used to having two kids I thought I would kind of have the hang of things. But I find myself thinking about when I will have time to "do this" or "do that" ever again. I am having a hard time keeping up with Andrew's baby book let alone Kinnie's scrapbooks. It takes such an effort now to just keep the house somewhat clean and put dinner on the table. Hopefully we can get into some sort of routine soon but for now each day I at least just try my hardest. And if that means sending Landon to the grocery store on his one morning off this week, so be it...thanks sweety!

6 comments:

Lisa Chin said...

Normal is relative and changes everyday. We ALL just do the best we can and call it good. lol There will be times that you can get more done than other times and times when you can't. With all the hours Landon has had to be gone this week I'd think he'd want to stay with the kids and let you run to the store. ;) Then he can have his daddy/kiddie time.

Andrew is darling and looking so big. I loved holding him the other day and would love to hold him again. Kinnie really did seem more grown up that day too. I LOVE the photo of her on her toes.

Eliza said...

oh my word, he is so cute! he has really filled out, I love it! I am so impressed at Kinnie's independence, she's only three months older than belle, and she is not even close to doing any of those things you mentioned. as always those pictures of her are just adorable. And are you kidding me??? You are feeling guilty about not doing a scrapbook and baby book and you have a one month old and a two year old! Nicole, please talk to me and you will feel like the mother of the year, I promise!

Barb said...

What sweethearts, both of them! And I think you are doing great!

Number one priority around here is always prevent death and serious injury- so if you accomplish that every day, hooray for you! Everything else is just icing on the cake.

Sara said...

wow!! One whole month! He is the cutest!
I love those pictures of kinnie...it really does seem like she just grew up over night.
I've always wondered how people have a newborn and a toddler at the same time, but you do a fabulous job! You're an amazing mother.

Clark Family said...

Your kids are darling!! It is an adjustment to have 2 kids after being used to 1 but definitely you will get back to normal. At least you will feel like you have more time to do the things you are missing out on now. Once babies hit 3 months, life seems to get easier.

KRISTIN BELL said...

He is so cute Nicole! You are amazing....I am terrified to be a mother of two!! I am glad Kinnie is adjusting well though, I'm sure that helps a lot ;)