Thursday, July 9, 2009

Meet Andrew Justin Bell




Andrew arrived at 7:15 pm on July 7, 2009. Weighing 8 lbs. 5 oz., 20 1/2 inches long.

Landon and I checked into the hospital at 7:40 am on Tuesday. We were excited and nervous for everything to begin! I was so nervous about being induced but felt really good about having my doctor there and going through with it. It was a really long day of waiting for him to get here but once he finally decided to come it wasn't long until we met him. After 9 hours of being in labor, I dilated from a 5 to a 10 in one hour, pushed 6 times and he was here! We were so thankful everything went well. It got a little scary when it started moving so fast because his heart rate went down and lots of nurses were coming in and out. My doctor was amazing and I was so happy he was there to deliver Andrew.

Kinnie loves her baby brother. She is a little emotional and sensitive with the transition but is doing so well and always wants to hold him and kiss him.

Andrew has found his thumb quite a few times. I wonder if he will keep it up...

Hanging out in the swing.
Andrew brought Kinnie a present when we came home from the hospital. Kinnie has her own baby doll now that she can take care of. She loves role playing with it and the fun thing about the baby is that it can get wet and Kinnie can take her in the bath, she hasn't had a doll like that yet. This is what Kinnie did when I said "say cheese."

Meeting Andrew for the first time. She was soooo cute when she met him.

17 comments:

Scott & Rachael Nelson Family said...

Congratulations! Hope you are all doing well and getting a little sleep. Doesn't a new one make your first born seem so old and grown up? Good luck!

Andrea W. said...

Yay!! I've been anxiously awaiting pictures. What a beautiful boy and I love his name! I'm so glad it all went well and that Kinnie is so happy. What a darling family. Can't wait to see him and introduce our little boys. I love the pic. of you and Landon and Andrew. Congratulations!!!!

Mackenzie said...

So Cute you guys! Congrats... glad everything went smoothly and he is a little stud! Keep postin more pics!

Lisa Chin said...

Awww, he is so sweet! I love the pictures of Kinnie and Andrew. She looks so excited! And I'm sure she will continue to be until he starts slobbering on her toys. ;)

I hope you are all doing well over there. We will be bringing dinner by on Monday. Can't wait to meet him then!

Barb said...

He is so beautiful! Congratulations! I think he looks like he belongs in your family, for sure!

KRISTIN BELL said...

Congratulations!! I am so glad it went well. He is absolutely perfect!! Can't wait to meet him!

Megs said...

He is so cute nicole!!! glad everything went well.... keep posting pics when you have time. : )

Treavor said...

SUCH CUTE pictures!!
I love the one of him sucking his thumb, and the one with him and Kinnie, and all of them.
Thanks for letting us spend so much time with him last night.
He is the sweetest!!!!

Sharon said...

yay!!! Oh you guys! Congratulations! He is so perfect and I love the picture of him and Kinnie. She looks so proud. You guys are so cute, and I love your little family! Oh by the way this is Julie Bechthold. I'm on my mom's computer. Congrats you guys!! I hope we can meet him soon!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! He is just beautiful!

Brynn said...

Nicole, you are almost making me baby hungry, almost. He is so ADORABLE and he and Kinnie look so cute together. Before you know it you will feel like he has always been a part of your family right there with Kinnie! Congratulations! I am so happy for you!!!!! You children are gorgeous! Love the name too!

brooke and chad coon said...

Congrats!! At the size, it looks like he was ready to come soon, whether you had been induced or not. I bet you're relieved you made the choice to do it. Kinnie looks so cute with him!

Eliza said...

Oh my word he is so cute! Congratulations. I somehow missed that you posted until just now. I love the pics of him and kinnie, they are too priceless. His name is adorable too. Can't wait to meet him.

Kevin, Lani, Connor and Crew said...

He is too cute! I am really happy that everything went well with the labor and delivery. those are some super cute pictures of your family and I am glad Kinnie loves her brother how fun!

Ken and Andrea. said...

YAY! Congrats to mommy and daddy and Kinnie!! Happy day! Glad to hear all went well! Love you guys!

Molly said...

Yay! Congratulations. It seems like just yesterday... we were there (at the hospital) with our melted ice cream (for you) meeting kinnie.

Cami Bruschke said...

Congratulations to your family. What a cutie!