Friday, April 22, 2011

She LOVED it!

Well, Kinnie had her dance recital.  And guess what?  She loved every minute of it.  I really didn't know what to expect from her.  And honestly, I would have been happy if she would have gotten up on that stage and just stood there, but she actually danced and smiled and had fun.  I almost can't describe my feelings.  It is just so amazing to see your child accomplish something so new.  Earlier in the day when I was talking to her about the recital and seeing if she had any questions she said "I'm just curious about the clapping."  She just didn't quite know what to expect from it all.  She didn't dance perfectly, she got a little distracted, but she was so excited and tried her very best.  Click here to see one of her dances.  That night when we got home she was pretending to teach Andrew how to dance and she wanted to play "stage."  We watched it on the video camera and I said "Kinnie I am so proud of you it just brings tears to my eyes.  I am proud that you followed your teacher and smiled and danced."  She said "Ya I was smiling a lot and my cheeks felt like there were going to like, like, like fall off."  She DID smile a lot last night!


Kinnie and her good friend Hallie.

Before the program started the older class had to practice something and you could see their feet moving around under the curtains.  She kept going over to the stage and would ask me what they were doing and when it would be her turn to go up on the stage.



Kinnie with her dance teacher.  She LOVES her teacher!

No comments: